Friday, November 27, 2009

I need a professional hair stylists advice on Color Filler?

I naturally have dark ash blonde hair, but I've been dying it dark brown for years. Then I decided to go back blonde, but the girl over bleached it, and when I went to a professional salon to get it to a medium brown color-----she accidentally colored it black. (probably not her fault. My hair was probably very porous. buuuuut...i did warn her that it probably was.)



So now, about two months later, I've chopped three inches off, and have been deep conditioning, and my hair is now decently healthy again.



So here's my question: I don't want black hair anymore, I want light-medium brown hair. So I bought Color Oops: Hair Color Remover from Walgreens, which shrinks the color molocules in your hair. SO.....after using the color remover it will probably be a brassy light brown i'm guessing? It is recommended to use color filler before re-dying your hair. What is this? and where can I get it? and after using it....what boxed color should I choose that will make it brown?



I need a professional hair stylists advice on Color Filler?

Okay well you found me! I'm a certified Goldwell colorist also certified by Redkin. well the hairdresser didn't hear you when you said your hair was porus and used a level too dark. Now i wouldn't suggest using the remover from walgreens as color removers tend to work while on the hair but as soon as water touches it it turns black again. What i would suggest is going and getting a bottle of DAWN dish soap and washing your hair for a while with that to see if you can lift any of the hair dye off your hair now at the same time as washing it with the dish soap you might want to get Joico's Kpac Depp Penetrating Treatment cause your hair will feel a little dry (ex. wash with dawn then a normal shampoo then a normal conditioner then 2-3X a week use the Kpac after the shower when u have time put plastic wrap around the hair or buy shower caps and heat it up with a blowdryer then place a towel over ur head to hold in the heat inside the plastic for 15 minutes then rinse then style normally) once you see a change in color if it works real good then you should be all set to color other then that if it don't work you may have to go into a salon and have a stripping treatment done where they use bleach and 10vol developer. The if they do that and you want a level 6 (medium brown) then they should only lift it to a 6 and they won't have to stain anything just use the correct color.



Tips for the stylist you see: (if your hair needs to be striped by the bleach)



have them use (if possible goldwell)



20vol=40ml



7B=20ml



7NA=20ml



this will give you a dark enough brown but not too dark also it will have a nice brown tone to it the NA is to give you some natural ash becuase your hair might be more on the red side once stripped.



Good Luck



I need a professional hair stylists advice on Color Filler?

Well, my first advice is to stop coloring your own hair. 2nd, go to a "professional" colorist. Most stylists are just out of school and are still in "training." A professional would NEVER color over bleached, overprocessed hair with a "dark color." Overprocessed hair tends to "suck up" the color faster, ends up processing longer-the result is darker (and more damaged.)



If you continue to experiment with different products, or the over the counter hair color, the result will always be the same-tacky, trashy looking-"I did it myself" look.



Check out different salons, and ask if they have a very experienced colorist. Explain what happened with the other one and how you definitely need for that to not happen again. ASK how long they have had their license!!! Very important.



A professional can get "a certain" color that looks natural on almost any type of hair. But, you have to remember-overprocessed, previously colored, color removed hair will never come out the exact color you would like.



I need a professional hair stylists advice on Color Filler?

I suggest u go to a pro hairstylist and have her die your hair blond wait about 2 weeks then have her die it light brown it will be kind of a hazelnut color or brown with a slight bit of blond .Also tell her that your hair was accidently turned black and u dont like it also do not use that hir product from walgreens it makes your hair black again trust me !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee