Friday, November 27, 2009

Tone my yellow-gold hair?

i removed my hair color with loreal hair color remover. it ended up a gold color, kind of like a strawberry blonde or really light auburn blonde color gone a little wrong. i dyed over it, like i've done before when i've stripped my hair, but the color didn't take. so then i went to sally beauty, and the woman told me i should either bleach my hair (didn't, and still don't want to do that) or buy a high lift hair color to lighten it and try to tone down the orange. so i bought miss clairol extra blondes in high lift coolest blonde. i dyed it with that on saturday night. it lightened up a bit and got rid of a lot of the orange kind of tones. now my hair is yellow with some gold tones still in it. how can i tone down the yellow/gold and get cool, or at least neutral, toned hair? i saw clairol's creme toner at sallybeauty.com, will that work on my hair? and i don't really have the money to go to a professional, so don't suggest it, please, you'll be wasting your time.



Tone my yellow-gold hair?

If you refuse to go to a professional, I understand, they're very expensive!



What I am doing right now is keeping my hair as healthy as possible, and I am getting monthly trims done. What I am saying is that you, unfortunately, have to let it grow out and get it cut frequently. In order for hair to grow faster, you have to keep it healthy. That's all you really can do if you don't want to see a professional (and, again, I can see why you don't want to go). But, the one thing that you do not want to do, is dye it again. You will just ruin it, and remember, colour cannot lift colour.



Sorry, that's not much, but that's all you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee