Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

I dyed my hair lighter than my medium brown color and it turned out red. At Sally's they told me to get an ASH color that I liked so I chose ASH Dark Blonde and it turned out orange!. Im super tired of dealing with it , so I want to go back to my mediun brown and put some highlights as I used to have and looked really good.



What should I do:



- Use color remover, then put a medium ash brown?



- Bleach my hair, then put medium ash brown?



- Just put the medium ash brown??



What if I wanted to get rid of the red and go lighter instead of med brown? do I have to bleach it????



(NOTE: I CANT AFFORD A SALON. SINGLE MOM WITH TOO MANY BILLS.)



How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

Bleach your hair then dye it ash brown.



How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

ok since you can't afford a salon (me eitehr) I mess wit my hair a lot too. i can't do ANYTHING blond..it turn's red... I typically pick something darker then I want...and it turns out fairly nice... ok new plan.. you bleach your hair.. make sur eit turns a lot lighter.. make sure you space things out.. don't dye your hair back to back... I wish i had of used wash out dye's back in teh day.. I've died my hair over 50 times now.. anyways... bleach it... then pick a nice brown you like... make sure there are NO HINTS of red in it... look at the hair samples on the back... if any have hints of red, dont get it.. dont get nice and easy, it's bad on your hair.. there's some good loriell at wal-mart for like 3 bucks.. those are nice..



How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

no you just have to keep dying it every couple weeks just keep going lighter every time.



How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

If you can't go to a salon, you'll have a very tough time. Red is impossible to get out without salon quality treatments to strip your hair. But do the next best thing, look up beauty colleges in your town where they train people to style hair and whatnot. Usually they have a location that students can do your hair for low low prices. Tell them you want your hair treated with toner to get the red out, (toner is basically in the shampoo they'll use, it puts blue in your hair to cancel the red). Then tell them what color to dye your hair, and watch them like a hawk. They are students so the risk is that they might mess it up, but don't worry, I've actually been to them several times in my town, and they haven't done anything too bad yet. I always turn out looking great, but they don't always give me exactly what I want. Just make sure to voice any concerns and don't let them do anything you're not asking for. If it sounds wrong to you, it just might be, so trust your instincts.



Also, any over the counter dyes or treatments claiming to strip your hair color, they contain lots of amonia, and they wont do what you're looking for. I always recommend a salon for big color changes. Best of luck, I really hope this helps, I'm a college student, so I know all about hair care on a budget lol, I also had red hair lol



ps, that color removal you asked about using will bleach your hair, which is REALLY bad for it, especially since you're planning on coloring it afterwards. Don't do it, you'll destroy your hair and wind up worse than before.



How do I get rid of the red on my hair?

The salesperson at Sallys should be able to steer you to the right shade for you, IF she knows her stuff. In the Sally's around here, most of the sales help have had experience working in salons. They may even had a website where you can ask questions.



Depending on your skin tone, you may be using the wrong base color. Some colors have an orange or violet or blue "base".



I think you can also get stuff at Sally's that will tone out any red or "brassy" problems. BE CAREFUL with bleaching--it can make your hair brittle if it isn't done right and you may end up going bald--YIKES!



You've received some good advice from others, especially the person who suggested doing it in gradual steps.



Good luck! I'm sure you'll look great no matter what your hair color is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee