Thursday, June 17, 2010

What will it take to get my auburn-dyed, permed hair blonde again?

I used to dye my naturally blonde hair a shade or two lighter. Then after a breakup, I (insanely) dyed it auburn (level 3); cut it short; and got a Richard-Simmons-esque perm. Someday I want to go back to my straight, long blonde hair...but it seems impossible!



I've been growing it out for nearly a year now (about 4 inches of regrowth) and using a level 2 dye to cover up the roots. I'm considering using a home hair-dye remover, then HerbaTint Blonde dye (supposed to be safe?)



Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any advice anyone could offer. :)



What will it take to get my auburn-dyed, permed hair blonde again?

I dyed my long blonde hair black and I refused to cut it short. I ended up in a salon for 2 days (6 hours each day) getting the color stripped out. Auburn might not be as bad as black, but darker dyes have mineral salts in them that don't just allow you to bleach them out -- they need to be chemically stripped. Check around and see if any of the salons in your area have experts in stripping -- make sure you get an expert because the process is very damaging and an ameteur could cause major breakage to your hair.



Good luck!



What will it take to get my auburn-dyed, permed hair blonde again?

i would suggest stripping your hair, but the best way would to be to let it grow all the way out ad cut off the dyed part.



What will it take to get my auburn-dyed, permed hair blonde again?

BLEACH IT OR YOU CAN DO SOMETHING REALLY WILD AN JUST CUT IT REAL SHORT

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee