Sunday, June 20, 2010

I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

I have unbelievably sensitive skin. Whenever I shave my legs they break out in little bumps and itch like crazy...all over. I literally lose at least 1 nights sleep every time I try to shave. At times it gets so intense that I have literally filled up a bathtub with ice cold water (and yes, with ice cubes) and sat in it to somehow hopefully numb my legs. I have used Sally Hanson hair remover, I have tried shaving with sensitive shaving cream and using the most sensitive razor available...I have tried using baby oil before during AND after shaving. I have tried taking allergy medication first (in case it was an allergic reaction.)



The result is always the same. Itchy burning bumps EVERYWHERE the razor or hair remover cream has touched. I have to wear jeans and slacks constantly and I'm tired of it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you give me some ideas of anything I HAVEN'T tried?



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

A resounding YES. You have exactly the same problem I do. I had to switch to a men's rotary shaver to shave my legs. There's a trick to using it without getting breakouts, so bear with me as I give you the details.



Make sure your skin is clean and dry. I usually use the shaver after a shower and after my skin is very dry. Any moisture at all will make the shaver pull your hairs and cause a rash. I usually have an oscillating fan blowing on my legs as I shave. Pull your skin to make the area flat, since that will help you get the shaving over with sooner. If your legs aren't sweaty or don't have a lot of natural oils built up, you can shave them at that time without washing them. Sometimes I just don't have time to wash my legs and then wait for them to be dry enough. Often I'll shower at night and shave in the morning.



For the bikini line, I use a men's beard trimmer first, and I use it without the guide to trim the hair there as short as possible. Then I use the rotary shaver to shave the hair even closer if I'm going to be wearing a bathing suit in public. I don't use the roatary shaver if it's just me and my husband who will see it. (If you want a Brazilian look down there, avoid using the shaver. It just isn't capable of giving you a close shave there. The hair is too coarse.)



I have an aquatard for swimming, since I like to swim often. Shaving my bikini line too often makes me break out in a rash no matter what I do.



http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/2433... aquatard



If you absolutely refuse to use a dry shaver, you can try using plain aloe vera gel (clear, with nothing added). It's usually found near the sunscreens. Use a razor you like -- at least twin blade if not three or four. Just before you shower, apply the gel to your legs -- a small area at a time, since it can dry out. Shave as you normally would, rinsing the razor well between strokes. Rub in the excess then shower. I can usually do it once a month without breaking out.



Good luck.



If you need to talk to a doctor about your problem, you need a dermatologist and they can try to treat you with steroid creams. They got rid of my rashes, but couldn't prevent them. One reason you can't use the hair removing creams is because they have lanolin and a wealth of chemicals that literally dissolve hair and skin. You end up being exposed to allergens AND caustic chemicals.



http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries... What's in a bottle of Nair??



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

Sometimes it's hard to think outside the box. I only learned this method when my husband told my mother-in-law about my shaving issues. She's the one who told me about the shaver. :-) Just passing on the help she gave me. Take care, S. Report It



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

waxing may work.



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

No you don't HAVE to wear slacks or jeans all the time! You choose to! women in Europe don't shave and women here don't have to shave either, it's a choice! I'd look into lazer hair removal if it bothers you that much!



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

move to france. guys dig it there.



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

maybe iam not the right person to answer your question, but have you cansidered using a electric razor, maybe it wouldnt irritate your skin so much.



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

wow!!



ice cubes!!!???!?!



try NAIR the sensitive formula it dosent require a blade and it works for about 4 days or so!!



and go see a dermatologist and tell them about ur problem!! it sounds very serious! they also could recommend u somethin 2!!



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

Try laser hair removal. It is permanent hair removal and is a treatment under the laser once every 10 weeks for about 1 year. I had it done and it's great. You'll never have to shave again! It is pretty expensive and it hurts just a little bit (feels like a rubber band snap) but it's worth it. It cost me $800 to have my chin done but they run specials sometimes and you could get it for half the regular price.



Look in your phone book for places in your area that do it. Make sure you shop around and find a place that you trust and are comfortable with. Good luck!



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

laser hair removal



I can't shave and it's driving me crazy?

Have you tried shaving in a different direction? Sounds like razor burn. How Sharp is your razor, have you changed out razors during shaving? Have you tried different razors? Have you tried hair waxing? Have you tried different removal systems? Almost sounds like your really shaving too hard, but if its a skin issue. Try bleaching. Those are my suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee