Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

I'm Caucasian with wavy hair that won't curl or straighten without a lot of effort. I've had Thermal Reconditioning a long time ago, and it damaged my hair.



So I finally found something called One N Only Curl Remover. It's supposed to be thio free and damage free. Is it a good idea to use this? Will I get straighter hair or less frizz or anything?



Thanks!



Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

No NO No no no.



Don't do it at home. I did it before I became a stylist not knowing what the chemicals were or how to use them and my hair turned into mush.



If your gonna get a relaxer done, go to a salon.



Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

It will be alright as long as you haven't bleached a colored you hair much.You will get straight hair but the bad thing is if you have any break offs or split ends the will stick out and you lose a lot of volume. I have long curly hair and I straighten it once. Never again. I use ubsilk for frizzy hair it works great. I would use a electical straightener to see if you like it. Remember it won't stay straight forever even if it is chemically done. My only lasted two weeks. I had mine done professionally. I used store bought on my ex's and it did the same thing.



Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

No it is not a good idea at all. For one thing any chemical you put on your hair damages it. You can burn yourself really badly if you get it on your scalp. One N Only is not as bad as other relaxers but you can damage it just as bad doing it yourself and set you on fire at the same time.



Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

i do it with my sister at home all the time. she used to have hard thick and frizzy hair, but i made it sleek,soft,and shiny.all you need to do is read the directions carefully until you get EVERY SINGLE STEP READY. i really recommend you have a friend do it to you at home, since its really hard to do it yourself. and before you do anything, OPEN THE WINDOWS. the first step smells like crap. but the second step calms everything down.



Is relaxing your hair at home a good idea?

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO! Go to a salon. Those products if not used properly are VERY damaging to the hair. They react badly if you have had any other services done and your hair could get very damaged. When straightening, you have to apply it properly, or you could end up with limp hair or breakage. Go to the salon, for the price you pay there you could be possibly be paying in conditioners and treatments afterwards if something goes wrong. Trust me I have seen some very bad at home mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee